Whether you’re on your feet all day, you do a lot of walking, you’re a runner, or you’re plagued with plantar fasciitis, sore feet can put a real damper on your day. Treating yourself to a foot massage at the end of each day is not only relaxing and a good way to unwind, but it’s also an ideal way to soothe tired feet. A foot massage can be relaxing to your entire body.
As part of your massage treatment, consider applying a pain relieving heel treatment to soothe sore feet and back heel pain. Heel creams that include natural ingredients like ginger to relieve inflammation and menthol to naturally ease foot pain are helpful.
Relieve Foot Pain: How to Give Yourself An Awesome Foot Massage
1. Start by stroking the calves and feet in long downward movements. Gently move across the skin to increase blood flow.
2. Work the inner sole of your foot, keeping your fingers behind and your thumbs on the inner soles of your feet. Push in a circular motion upwards.
3. Individually massage each toe, starting at the base of the toe, pushing out toward the toenail.
4. Use the heel of your hand to work in a circular motion from your heel to the ball of your feet.
5. Use acupressure points along the inner arch of your foot. Push down, holding for three seconds and then moving a few inches along the arch to another acupressure point. Move from just above the ankle all the way to the ball of your foot.
6. Work the top of your foot, pressing downward and moving toward your toes along the veins of your foot.
7. Start on your other foot. Taking about five minutes on each one before switching.
Repeat daily, especially if your feet need special attention.
Sara Novak is a Natural Health Care Expert for Zax Health. Follow her on Twitter at @sarafnovak.