Peppermint is a sign of the season. Candy canes, peppermint bark, peppermint brownies–so many of my favorite festive sweet treats contain it. But what if peppermint isn’t just sweet for dessert, it’s also sweet for your skin? This peppermint clay mask uses peppermint extract to revitalize your skin so it doesn’t look pale and dry this winter. Wanna look great for all your holiday parties? This mask is it.
Combine French green clay to absorb oils and impurities that sit on the skin as well as crushed almonds and baking soda to exfoliate your skin. And aloe vera gel to hold the mixture together and make it easy to apply. Aloe vera is also a natural ingredient that’s great for soothing inflamed skin. Try this peppermint clay mask:
Peppermint Clay Mask
3/4 tsp. French green clay
3/4 tsp. crushed almonds
1 1/2 tsp. aloe vera gel
1/4 tsp. baking soda
cap full of peppermint extract
1. Completely combine ingredients.
2. Test patch on the inside of your wrist or base of the neck to make sure there are no allergic reactions.
3. Apply to clean skin. It may tingle as a result of the peppermint extract, but that’s just a sign that it’s working. Use your fingers to apply but be careful around the eyes.
4. Wait 5-10 minutes until the mixture is dry and tight on the skin. Wash and tone your face.
5. Apply the mask once per week for bright, vibrant skin this holiday season.
Sara Novak is a Natural Health Care Expert for Zax Health. Follow her on Twitter at @sarafnovak.