How to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
1. Soothe under eye bags.Soothing remedies like chilled chamomile tea bags or cucumber slices can be effective at constricting blood vessels and reducing swelling under the eyes. Spoons chilled in the refrigerator and placed on the eyes for 10 minutes at a time can also soothe under eye dark circles.
2. Choose eye creams with caffeine and cucumber extract.Eye creams that contain anti-inflammatory ingredients like caffeine and cucumber extract are also effective at reducing puffiness.
3. Try a neti pot.Try a neti pot to help with fluid retention and bags under the eyes caused by allergies, sinus congestion, or a cold. Use a neti pot for sinus maintenance, meaning before you even feel congestion coming on.
4. Cut back on alcohol consumption.Heavy alcohol consumption causes dehydration, which weakens the delicate skin around your eyes. It also disrupts sleep, causing under eye bags. If you drink alcohol, keep it moderate--no more than one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men. Avoid disrupted sleep by cutting out night caps entirely.
5. Choose a matching concealer.
When it comes to disguising under eye bags, choose a liquid concealer that matches your general skin tone exactly. Going lighter can actually make your under eye bags look more obvious. Also, use a neutral blush because bright cheeks can draw attention too close to your eyes.
Sara Novak is a Natural Health Care Expert for Zax Health. Follow her on Twitter at @sarafnovak.